The Dell DLT IV tape cartridge is an ideal solution for high capacity storage and archiving needs of mid-range systems and workstations. For maximum data storage, the DLT IV has a native capacity of 40 GB, and a compressed capacity of up to 80 GB of storage per tape. This provides the performance essential for data-intensive applications, while the DLT IV Dell technology delivers the durability and reliability you need to protect your data.
The DLT IV tape cartridge is compatible with DLT 4000, DLT 7000, DLT 8000, and DLT1 VS 80 tape drives.
Dell tapes also offer the ultimate in durability and are able to sustain over one million head passes with a negotiable impact on soft error rates. The Dell DLTIV offers a 30-year archival life when handled and stored properly. The DLT 4 also comes equipped with a shock-resistant cartridge and durable plastic container offering protection against corrosion.
- DLT8000 Drive Compatibility: 40GB (native) / 80GB (compressed)
- DLT1 & VS80 Drive Compatibility: 40GB (Native) / 80GB (Compressed)
- Lowered error rates
- Lower head wear, raised head durability
- High-speed data retrieval
- Backward read compatible with SuperDLT tape drives
- 30 year archival life
- 1,000,000 head pass durability